1. Award entrants must submit a minimum of 3 and up to a maximum of 10 images. Images must fall into the criteria of reportage, fashion, documentary, landscape, wildlife, portraiture, or fine art photography. When completing the entry form indicate which category your work is being entered for.
2. Photographers must be over 18 years of age on 1st January 2013. A series of up to ten images can be submitted. Photographers may enter more than one series and multiple categories.
3. Entries can be black and white, colour or lens-based media. They must be sent over as small Jpeg files (72dpi) or no larger than 1mb.
4. Details of sizes for exhibition will be required at a later stage if you are a winner or finalist.
5. A statement of no more than 100 words should accompany entries describing the work and the artist’s intent.
6. Photographers warrant to The Terry O’Neill Award that they (the photographers) own the work submitted, that the whole copyright is vested in them or, if the copyright belongs to a third party such as an agency, that the photographer has the right to submit the work free of encumbrances or restrictions and that if the work was commissioned for private and domestic purposes, it is submitted with the permission of the person or organisation who commissioned it.
7. The Photographer warrants to The Terry O’Neill Award that model release forms (where appropriate) have been obtained from persons featured in their submitted images for all sales, marketing, educational and publicity uses and that no additional releases are required in respect of names, trademarks, designs or works of art depicted in the work.
8. Photographers agree that their work may be exhibited.
9. Photographers agree that The Terry O’Neill Award may non-exclusively reproduce and/or license the reproduction of any entries featured in the award exhibition without any payment to the photographer, model or third party for any sales, marketing, educational and publicity use on and in all media worldwide including catalogues, posters and the internet. However, such free use shall only be solely and exclusively in connection with the competition and exhibition until the end of 2014 and the photographer or agency will receive a credit for such use.
10. The Judges’ decision is final and no discussion or correspondence can be entered into on their decision. They reserve the right to vary the awards or not to make any award.
11. Reasonable efforts will be made to notify all photographers as to whether their photograph has been short-listed for an award or been selected for the exhibition. It is the photographers’ responsibility to contact The Terry O’Neill Award if he or she has not received notification.
12. The responsibility for damage or loss, however caused, is the responsibility of the photographer. Photographers are therefore advised to arrange adequate insurance cover against such risks. The sponsors, the touring venue or The Terry O’Neill Award shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether or not caused by negligence.
13. Delivery. All entries to be delivered to The Terry O’Neil Award. Entrants whose payments cannot be cashed will be disqualified. All costs incurred through any entries being sent or collected via post or business courier are solely the photographer’s responsibility and must be paid at the time they are sent.
14. Collection/return of exhibited photographs. All exhibited photographs must be delivered to and collected from the address to which they were originally delivered.
15. If selected, photographers agree to have their work exhibited on the website. The Terry O’Neill Award cannot be held responsible for thirty party copyright theft of images from websites.
16. Shortlisted photographers are responsible for the making, framing and delivery of their work to the Gallery.
17. Work exhibited at a Gallery to showcase the Awards should be made available for sale. 50% of sales will go to the photographer/artist
18. The closing date for entries is 30th November 2013. Judging will take place in December 2013; Winners will be announced early January 2014 ahead of the formal announcement and exhibition at the end of January.
19. All queries to firstname.lastname@example.org